Sunday, December 14, 2008

kids today.

Last night someone enjoyed a 6-pack of Otter Creek Raspberry Brown beer that I purchased, and I now have a 6-pack of IBC Root Beer that they purchased!

On a harmless Saturday night, after searching for 2 hours for Cranium Pop 5 and deciding (in a rush, and spending too much money) on The Big Taboo, I went to buy some delicious wintery Vermont beer. Someone else must have had the same idea, but they must have been under age, and they must be very crafty. They swapped 6 IBC bottles for the Otter Creek bottles in the pack, and I was oblivious until I cracked one open. "This is root beer!" I yelled. Then I complained for a few minutes before surrendering to the genius of the criminal, and giving them mad props, wherever they are. And now I have 5 cold bottles of root beer, which is not something I would ever buy, but which is kind of a nice thing to have.

Also, The Big Taboo is a weird game. Fun, but there's a lot going on. Shannon hypothesizes someone with Aspergers' invented it; I think because it's very rigid with a lot of rules and appears to have been created somewhat neurotically. It comes with a stuffed animal named Bendy Bob that you have to bend and twist into the position of the word on your card and try to get your team to guess it. He's, quite obviously, the best part of the game.

Board games and root beer! What a wholesome weekend.

1 comment:

Court said...

haha...i can't believe that happened to you. i almost forgot about your blog for a day and tonight when i checked it i was pleasantly surprised by a new entry. i want more pop culture articles, please.